Monday, December 21, 2009

I've some respect for prostitutes

Long time ago I read a column in the "Eenadu" sunday edition on R Narayana Murthy, who was very popular for his revolutionary films and in some parts of Andhra Pradesh masses treat him as the demigod. In that column he shared all his life experiences.

That time East and West Godavari Districts were affected badly by the floods. Narayana Murthy and his friends were shook
emotionally by this incident and started to collect money, clothes, etc. from each and every house in their village. In this process they had visited a prostitute's house and requested her to donate something for the flood victims. She replied, I don't have any customers since morning and if you could wait till tomorrow I'll be able to donate. After reading this my perception towards prostitutes has changed significantly. I thought they're just human who derive pleasure and money from the work they does and nothing else.

I started to think of the consequences that lead them to prostitution.
If not all some of them were definitely driven by the dynamics and the situations around lead them to this state. And I respect the prostitutes who were forced into and continue to hate the rest all.

2 comments:

  1. To My Knowledge, prostitution has started long back. When I was in my +2, one of my Lecturer told me this. In the battle of Mahabharatha, lakhs of soldiers have been killed leaving behind their Wives and children. Most of the ladies had been driven into the field of prostitution for survival because they dont know any other work to do... and at the same time they cant leave their children with Hunger. This is how Prostitution had started in India.....
    Am really not sure whether this is true... but I believe, it is....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mahabharatham is myth and no one knows whether or not it happened really.

    ReplyDelete