Friday, December 18, 2009

I've been a failure

Many times in my life I felt most of the people I've come across are doing what they have to instead of what they want to; I'm no exception. This could be the reason why I see a very few who have been successful and have had a quite satisfaction many a time in their lives. Having said that, I'm a very confused person, I don't know what I want to and that's the reason why I'm in IT.

For Society success is a relative term in the sense that human always feel successful by comparing with its relatives, neighbours, colleagues, etc. and to my knowledge no other living being has this sort of nature. I re-define success as someone doing something that he/she wants to.

In my hometown Tenali, there are a few doctors (for instance Mr. Patibandla Dakshina Murthy) who happened to be my relatives have been very successful in their profession. That's because they have been doing what they wanted to. Though I didn't interact much with them and all this I'm saying is what I perceived from my parents who spoke with them every now and then, other relatives and I never heard anyone telling or speaking wrong about their work/profession.

After I'm done with post graduation I was jobless for a long time. During that time we had our bathroom renovated and I happened to meet this person who fixes tiles for bathroom. What I've observed in was he had been punctual and very particular and careful while doing his work. I could see that he has done it with so much concentration and it didn't matter for him me observing the whole thing, that's because I don't exist for him as he was immensely involved in his work.

One day after a day's work I had a brief talk with him about his work and lifestyle. I never cared about the veracity and what I perceived from him was he was happy for what he had been doing through out the years and pretty much content. He was single and whatever he had been earning was more than enough for his lifestyle.

My whole point about this blog is I still don't know what I want to; I'm still on a quest...

No comments:

Post a Comment