Monday, December 28, 2009

The moment my mother hated me..

One day my mother and I were watching an entertainment (news) channel and the reporter was asking pilgrims of Alampur about their experiences on the visit to the temple. I inquired my mother about the significance of this place and she enlightened me on this.

Belief has it that Parvati married Shiva against her father Daksha's wishes and Parvathi immolates herself for the insult by her father. Shiva grief-striken and imbalanced emotionally, performed the rudra tandava dance, carrying the corpse of Parvati. The Universe unable to bear the fury of the dance requested Vishnu to intervene, and Vishnu used his chakra to tear the body into several pieces, and bring down the fury of Shiva's tandavam. The severed pieces of Parvati's body are believed to have landed in several spots across the region, and these are referred to as Shakti Peethams. And Alampur is one of the eighteen Sakthi Peetams.

After she finished telling the whole myth, I asked her why the pieces had landed only in India and not in other countries like France, Japan, US etc. when they say the whole world is ruled/defied by Trimurthis. She was clueless. I told her that all our Vedas and Puranas doesn't exist and they're just stories to teach us what is right and what is wrong. And she started believing that God doesn't exist, whatever she was taught/read about God was just an illusion and God is just a belief. Once she realized that I was re-programming her subconscious mind too, she came out of whole thing I was trying to tell her, she despised me for that moment and we laughed together later.

If God doesn't exist then whoever has written those Puranas and Vedas has terrific creativity, knowledge and imagination and I'd say he/she is better than any philosopher, writer, director, etc..

To be very honest I'm not an Atheist and I too strongly believe in God. That being said, whether God exist or not is still a question to me and my childish nature makes me question on certain things. When my thinking goes beyond the scope of human capability/capacity like Solar System, Milky-way, Galaxy, etc. makes me realize then there is someone who is controlling the whole thing and we named him as God.

2 comments:

  1. Well the heading doesn't sound appropriate . I guess wrong sense of using word Hate.The word hate got a strong meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she'd never hate me. I just titled to grab the attention.

    ReplyDelete