Sunday, January 3, 2010

Selfish and Selfless

I always feel that there are two kinds of people in this world, selfish and selfless. And there is a special category who doesn't fit into the above two breeds, they're the ones who doesn't even know the meaning of self and I was one among them.

Since my birth till a few years back I was driven by my father, mother, brother, etc.. This was because my mind wasn't proactive, perhaps was inactive most of the times; I didn't have any goals, ambitions, etc.. Even now also I don't have any goals as such. But I've imbibed 'self'. Whatever the decisions I take are completely under my control. Of course I take the inputs from others but the final decision would be mine.


As time progressed I realized that I'm the most selfish person in this world. I've certain rigid boundaries and I always psyche myself with elements present within and I don't think of anything/anyone else. Many people I daily deal were pissed off most of the times as I don't respond to the things they expect me to. This is because I don't have an opinion and I don't intend to think of them due to lack of interest or I want to stay ignorant. I never care what the other person thinks of me
unless and until that affects me or the persons whom I care about.

Most of the people misunderstand the meaning of selfish and selfless and use them in opposite ways.

Selfish are against altruism and never believe in cooperation and collaboration as they're always self-dependent in their conscience. It doesn't mean that they don't seek advice, suggestion from others or don't work in congregation. Its the self-respect and the positive ego that makes them to think that way. They're the most self-centered and self-focused and these particular qualities make them the most successful.

Selfless always crave for greatness, fame, admiration, etc. in other people's eyes and eventually others dictate the convictions, which they never hold, but always get satisfied that others believed that they're holding them. They've no concerns for the facts, ideas, work, etc.. They're concerned
only with others and crave for their positive feedback. They die with a guilty feeling that they're selfish, but the fact is that they aren't. And they don't realize that they lack self.

Selfless die much before they actually die. The one who doesn't even know the meaning of self are already dead but still scared of death. Selfish are eternal.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice dude. Very true. Practically this attitude works in todays world. As said by Chanakya No bond no relation can stand long without self interest or selfishness.

    ReplyDelete